What to Say Next


I finished What to Say Next, by Julie Buxbaum, on Jul 07, 2018.

Published by Delacorte Press, I got this book from a public library. It's a hardcover, written in prose. It's fiction.

I rated What to Say Next a 6 out of 10 on how satisfying it was to read, a 6 out of 10 on its level of sophistication, and a 7 out of 10 on the quality of the writing.

I would not recommend it to a friend. I would not recommend it to a classmate. I might reread this.

Notes: There were quite a few points that seemed horribly clichèd, like when we find out that [spoiler alert] Kit was driving during the crash. [end spoiler] The author wrote, in the A/N of one of her other books, that she'd had a similar experience to the main character, and this story parallels that one in a lot of ways, so it seems like the main character is basically her. And that's fine, except I'm getting the feeling that her other books are kinda like that. Anyway. I don't think I'd read anything else by her, if nothing else because her characters (and by assocation her) actually seem like the type of people who annoy me, just a bit.

Comments